Thursday, 20 August 2015

Natural make up for school

Hello again!
School. What a horrible word! I think we have all experienced the sound of that dreaded alarm clock screaming down your eye at half six in the morning and the feeling of sadness sinking into your body as you realise that it is infact Monday morning and not the much loved Saturday morning which always flys by. School is a slog, a pain and very hard at times but we all have to face it! So, here is a guide to looking fresh faced and glowy in the morning when in reality I'm sure you would rather be in bed, asleep, dreaming of Your celebrity crush (Jaden Smith, Joe Sugg) whisking you away to your dream destination!
First of all you will need a primer of some sort as sadly we will be spending a lot of our day trapped in this form of prison so you need your make up to last all day! I used a pea sized amount of the porefessional by benefit and spread it across my T zone area where I get very very oily.

Now that your face is all primed up and ready to go you need to use a concealor to correct and brighten areas of your face. This will make you feel all fresh and new :) The concealor I used is the rimmel wake me up concealor in shade 1 Ivory (yes I am so pale that I hve to get the fairest shade in the collection). I love this concealor because it contains tiny specs of shimmer to make you look dewy and it is very light so won't feel heavy on your face all day.

Here's me looking like 101 Dalmatians because I have so much discolouration haha!

Under my eyes I use the Mac select cover up instead because I feel like it does a better job at highlighting my under eye area. After you have done this it is now time to powder with my trusty rimmel stay mattr powder to keep the oil away for as long as possible...

Base done, and it only took two minutes! Now to sort out the rest of my face before I get to school late because I put my alarm clock on snooze about ten times (we've all been there).
I am a lover of strong brows and to achieve them I use the archery brow pen by soap and glory in the shade brownie points. First I heavily fill in the ends of my brows according to their natural shape.
I then drag the colour further forwards by drawing small horizontal lines across the brow.

Gently I draw slightly slanted vertical lines throughout the front of my brow pulling it further forward than it naturally is to create a stronger brow.

I then draw two faint lines across the bottom of my brow. Ta daa!

To define the brows even more I put a dot of Mac select cover up below and above each brow.


This simple step just adds a little more definition and goes a long way. 




I then bronze with the hooks bronzer to add warmth and depth to my face because I find that if I just have concealor and powder on, my face can look rather flat and pale. I apply this the area below my cheekbones and any other areas where the sun naturally hits such as my forged, nose and temples. 
  


  
I then apply some highlighter to add dew nines to the skin, this makes me appear more awake when I am most definately not! 

I also apply this down the centre of my nose to try and slim my nose.

This is the finished makeup look!


I hope that you have enjoyed reading this blog post! I hope that you have gained a few tips from my school makeup routine. Also, for those who prefer to wear mascara to school I have seen a lot of people been caught for mascara so instead you could find a very very natural mascara, just curl your lashes or wear clear mascara. I haven't got a definate schedule for when I will be posting but I will eventually!
Thankyou!
English Rose x





No comments:

Post a Comment